New Year - Empty Book - Blank Page

Saturday, January 1, 2011
A very Happy New Year to all of you! I hope the first day of the year has been a wonderful one for you.

What does the first day of 2011 look like here in Canterbury?
It has been hot and windy (again). I have had some lovely messages from friends and family with some good wishes for the new year.
We have had a major aftershock this afternoon- but I am grateful that it is not a tornado, as some friends of mine experienced in the midwest of America today! Oh my!

I am looking forward to the new year, and have been thinking about my goals. Here are some of them:

1. I really want to blog more regularly. If I can't quite manage every day, at least every other day. I think that is achievable for me.

2. I've been thinking about sewing projects for the year. A quilt for me. A quilt for Alice. New Christmas stockings . . . the list goes on. I know I should just choose one, but I'll probably end up trying to do it all.

3. This year I would like to focus on my Felt shop, Rosy Cheeks, and try and built up a good supply of products. I have lots of ideas - just need a little of that motivation. I'm one of those people who hates selling anything I make.

4.  Lose weight. I bought Zumba for this - just gotta find the time to do it when no one else is around!Has anybody else tried Zumba - it's embarrasing - but effective. And fun!

Leanne over at Cottage Tails has listed the first sentence of each blog from the past year. I thought it would be fun to do that here, too.

One fine morning, a fine old sea-faring girl, with a fine old engine and bearing the fine name of the Mistral came motoring into the bay, and put down her anchor.

I took this picture from the deck of a little old cottage on the side of a hill.

March
No blog entries - must have been a busy month!

With the turning back of our clocks the weather has taken a plunge.  Summer is gone. 

As some of you know, we are at a stage in life where we are approaching a crossroads. Should we stay or should we go?


Before I post about the incredible scenery here in Queenstown, I have to  tell you about this beautiful restaurant we went to yesterday.

I have a favourite rocking chair in my living room. I bought it for $10 second hand and I love it.

Poppy is back for a little holiday.


I'm so excited! Like, really, really excited! I'm anticipating a photo shoot coming up sometime this summer with my most favourite photographer in the world.


October
The school holidays are usually quiet for us, but I've noticed this year that it just gets busier and busier as the children get older.

Now onto more pleasant subjects. The garden is blooming in Canterbury. It's my birthday today and I am thrilled to find that the roses are coming out, the irises are flying like flags, and daisies, granny's bonnet and all those other little pretties are showing their faces around here.

December
We were very proud of our girl last night. She won the coveted Artist of the Year trophy at our annual art awards.

Thank you so much for the inspiration Leanne. It has been fun to look back on the year! Also quite scary, because it has made me realise how very fast the year has flown. Things we did in June only seem like a few weeks ago.

3 comments :

Sandy Addison said...

Good on you Rach That you have got your new years goals up

Leanne said...

Hi
It is amazing just in a few sentences how it can form a picture of ones year.
Blogging to me is being able to look back at our days. I need to finish making it into a book to keep since i don;t get time to scrapbook.

I have ordered the quilt mag - is that what you are thinking of doing?
How has the quilt of Leanne's come along? Been hoping you'd show so photos of it.

Love Leanne

Catching the Magic said...

What a great idea to reflect on the year with the first sentences! I'm going to have to borrow that idea!

All the best and like your new blog header.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design