A Little Love for my Favourite Chair

Thursday, July 1, 2010
I have a favourite rocking chair in my living room. I bought it for $10 second hand and I love it.
There was an old quilt on the seat of it for a long time, but the other day I decided to do something about it and make something more permanent. Maybe it was the quilting class that I'd just been to that gave me the confidence to make a chair pad without any pattern.

It only took a couple of hours to make, and I'm so pleased with the result.





One of the things that I learned from Leanne Beasley was that unless you are wanting to feature a special kind of fabric, there really is no need to buy new fabric, if you have a good stash collection, - which I do - this pad didn't cost my husband anything! (He especially like the pad after I told him that).


3 comments :

Clara said...

It's beautiful, Rachel!! :) I get so scared to pix together so many different fabrics and colours, and yet when other people do it, I love the results!!!! :P

Clara said...

(make that *mix* together so many different fabrics and colours) ;)

Cat said...

Just lovely!!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design