Five things I love about snow.
* I knew it was coming before it arrived, because the atmosphere goes suddenly silent. No birds, no wind, no noise, but very black clouds coming up fast on the southern horizon. Living on flat land we can see southerly storms approaching.
* The soft flakes falling - snow is so elegant!
* The memories of the USA it conjurs up.
* How pretty everything looks afterwards.
* Sitting by the fire watching the snow fall outside.
Here are some photos from yesterday. We had fun!
This is our front door. We even had snow drifts! Yay!
Alice has her first walk in the snow. Why does this photo remind me of the Waltons???
Don't you just love the unsullied purity of snow?
Snowball fights with our neighbours.
Snow just tidies everything up.
Our snowy little Lane.
I really love this photo of our door bell.