Day 8 - Most Overrated Book

Monday, May 6, 2013
This is my opinion on what I think is the most overrated book.

This book was actually recommended to me by someone who told me that if I loved The Help, then I would probably love this book.


Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman.

I can't believe this book made the New York Times Bestsellers list. Honestly, I can't believe it.
I liked the look of the cover, and the blurb on the back sounded interesting. Basically, it's about a young girl whose mother dies in a freak accident and she goes to live with her ageing aunty down in Georgia, in a big old house, near the coast and she gets to meet her friends and neighbours, and gradually throws off the stigma that had fallen on her from having a crazy, out-of-her-head mother.

But I yawned and yawned my way through it, and only just managed to talk myself into finishing it, and the ending was very predictable and dull.

I gave it to my sister-in-law to read over the Christmas holidays and she said the same, and she loaned it to her sister, and she said the same. So, I know it's not just me. And it's most definitely not in the same calibre of The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
The story had potential, and there were rave reviews of it on amazon, but for me, it just doesn't stack up.
If it made the NY Times bestseller list, and my copy claims that it did, then this book is very much overrated.

2 comments :

cheap nfl jerseys said...

Thanks for posting this.This is awesome!!

Heather L. said...

Enjoying all your book posts!!! And we are enjoying reading The Family From one End Street!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design