Who Judges The Judges?

Thursday, October 18, 2012
I am not one for blogging about political or social issues. But I am truly outraged by this case, and so I am taking advantage of my right to free speech.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10841266

I have read Christie's letter to the judge, and I have read the letter written by the killer.
Christie's letter is rational, and uses plain speaking. We are in no doubt as to what this man put her through and how that impacted on her life.

His letter is emotional and weird and quite obviously manipulative.

I really have to ask the question...

Who judges the Judges?

All that is necessary for he triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.    Edmund Burke

And so I ask ....

Who is going to hold the judge in this case accountable for their part in this tragedy, and this travesity of justice?
Who is going to stand up for this sweet, kind-hearted young Kiwi girl who lost her life in such a terrifying and diabolical way.

What was that Judge thinking when they granted bail?
I am not a psychologist. I am not a doctor. I am not a policewoman and yet I would have had enough reason and enough common sense and life experience to not grant this man bail and return him to his place of residence less than a kilometre away from his victim's house! This is outrageous!

As women of a free country we should know without a doubt that if we make a complaint with the police when someone threatened rape and murder against us in a very obvious way that our laws and our judges should protect us!

How is that people like this Judge get put in positions of power in our land?
Why can our laws not protect us enough?
What if this were you or me or one of our daughters?
What if we had the bad luck of getting stuck with a judge like this in our case?
What if it meant our lives depended on them?

3 comments :

Jenny said...

I agree 100% with what you have written here. I read this article earlier today and felt outraged as well!!! I honestly think that New Zealand has some of the most lax bail 'restrictions' in the world.

betty-NZ said...

I, too, agree with you. I just don't get it.

Data Cabling Westminster said...

Great read thankyoou

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design