A Recipe To Add To Your Hips

Saturday, June 19, 2010
So I've given you plenty of warning. If you are without fear, read on.

This has become our favourite family treat. I use it to bribe the kids. If you don't want your children to fight - bribe them with this. If you want them to clean up their room to perfection, offer them some of this when they're finished. It always works!



My recipe is an adaption from Sophie Dahl's which is found here.

Peanut Butter Fudge

125 gms butter
500gms brown sugar
120 mls milk
250gms Crunchy Peanut Butter (I use Extra Crunchy)
Vanilla
300gms Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar for you Americans who are reading this).

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes without stirring.
Remove fromheat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla to taste.
Place icing sugar in a large bowl and pour the hot butter and sugar mixture on top. Using a wooden spoon, mix until smooth. Pour into a square baking tray and cool. Place in fridge. Cut into squares.
It won't last long enough to put into an airtight container.

Enjoy. And please don't report me to the food police!

9 comments :

Widge said...

yuuuuummmmmmo! I have never actually tried peanut butter fudge before but I absolutely LOVE Russian fudge and this looks just as good!! thanks for the reciepe

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm - I've never tried peanut butter fudge either, but this looks mighty tempting!! :-)

call*me*kate said...

Looks good! I don't think my kids have ever had this kind of fudge. Worth a try! Oh, and thanks for the note about icing sugar. I could let my kids convert all the measurements into U.S. standards for a math lesson!

I just read your Enid Blyton post. We have several of her books, found at used book stores. An Australian friend of my recommended them to us. How fun that your kids are enjoying them!
- Kate

Sandy Addison said...

I am sure that is one you cannot take to functions because of the nuts.....so that means more to enjoy at home
Come and visit me at www.brissymama.blogspot.com

Clara said...

yummy!! My husband will think I'm terrible if I DON'T try this out!!!! :)

Sandy Addison said...

I know another comment but I was thinking of the picture of the recipe card you put on your blog and how I still have the one you wrote for me when I came to Auckland all those years ago - Apricot choc chip muffins yumo!

Jenny said...

Mmmm... looks delicious and sounds like such a simple fudge recipe to make... I will definitely be giving that one a try - soon!!!

Angela said...

I forgot to tell you, I made this recipe a few weeks ago. My flatmates and friends thought it was amazing! And it was so easy to do. I loved it!

southseaislandhome said...

Ooooh hello there, niece! Isn't it sinfully good - I try not to make it too much, but some days I just have to, if you know what I mean!
Nice to 'see' you here. :o)

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design