Baby Magnet

Friday, April 9, 2010
I like to collect magnets from all over the world. This is a little-known fact about me, unless you visit my house. Then you will see that I like magnets, because my fridge is covered in them. I did not intend to put them on my fridge - you know - it's not quite the trendy, fashion statement thing to do, but my children discovered my box of magnets one day, and at about the same time they discovered that the fridge was magnetic. Put them together and what does that make? It makes this. . .


I once belonged to a wonderful forum, postcrossing, when I had more time on my hands than I knew what to do with, and that is where I got my collection from.

I have also discovered that the magnet fridge is a baby magnet too. Alice loves to pull magnets off, chew on them, and put them back on. It keeps her happy and occupied for minutes at a time, and then she's off on to something else.


I have my favourites among my magnets. My number one favourite is this one from Chicago - I lived there once. I miss it.


And I love this one because it is hard to come by, and it's on the top of my wish list of places to visit before I die.


Here is a little collage of some of my other favourite magnets. I have a penfriend in Iran who sent me some food magnets - she said she couldn't find any touristy magnets anywhere and had to settle for those. I love them! When I tried to send her some from NZ, they were stolen out of the package at the Iranian post office. She received an empty package. This has happened to me before. It actually amazes me that New Zealand is perceived as an exotic country. How can that be? We're so ordinary! 
I also like collecting State numberplate magnets from the USA. This Maui, Hawaii numberplate one was the first magnet I received.

From top left: Sevilla, Spain; Bulgaria; Hawaii; Efes, Turkey; Iran; Slovenia; Key West; Rhodes, Greece; Slovakia; Australia; Norway.








1 comment :

Heather L. said...

I had no idea you liked magnets. :) And yes, we do perceive NZ as an exotic country!!! :) Amazingly enough, my dad actually took us to PEI one summer. We drove there from Indiana and camped. I remember we had to have coke for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because it was cheaper than water. And we had hotdogs and baked beans for dinner almost every night -- got boring quick. :) But the lupins were amazing. The temp was cool and the island more rundown in general than I thought. I would love to visit it again under different circumstances and with Michael. I think I would love it even more.

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design