The Pecking Order in our Nursery

Friday, July 1, 2011
Bedtime around here - which is twice a day for two year old Alice, can turn into a bit of a drama.

She has these dolls and teddies that she is rather attached to.


From Left: Woof-woof, Bubba-Dee, Di-Di and Maimie.

Woof-woof was given to Alice when she was born by my cousin.
We're not quite sure where the name Bubba-Dee comes from, but it's cute and because she is so small, she's really, really easy to lose. I'm thinking of putting a tracking device in her tummy.

Di-Di (the doll with the braids) is named after Alice's Aunty Dianne (Di-Di) Lees. She got rather attached to her at the beach house this year, and it is a very great honour that Alice named her doll after her.



And Maimie is a little softie that I made for her.

However, there is the ruler of the dolls - and that is Bubba. The Queen of the Nursery.
She is the one that Alice takes everywhere. So she is often getting herself lost too. I made her some new clothes but Alice didn't like them, so Bubba is only allowed to wear one of two outfits. The one I made is now somewhere at the bottom of the toy box.


When Alice goes to bed, the dolls have a pecking order. They have to be face up, peeking out from the sheets, and in a special order. Tears flow if I get the order wrong. Woof-woof and Di-Di are on the left, with Woof-woof hard against the cot. Bubba-Dee goes in between.
On the right we have Maimie against the cot and Bubba next to Alice. It's a fine-art, I tell you. There are two other small teddies that Alice hasn't quite named yet, but is only just allowing them the privilege of sleeping in the cot.

Oh - me -oh - my - the hoops you jump through for a two year old!

2 comments :

Mother of Pearl said...

I feel your pain - I know all about the troubles of bedtime with baby dolls. My little girl is more fickle - the dolls allowed in her bed change from night to night. But isn't it wonderful that she is loving to her dollies.

Cate said...

Love the pics - it seems so long ago for me! Love your new banner for your shop too. Hope that you are all coping with this wild weather!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design