Masterchef - Home Style

Sunday, May 15, 2011
We are hooked on Masterchef New Zealand.

The final is tonight and we are cheering for Jax. She is fun to watch, I love her dishes. I love the variety and the surprise with them. I would buy her book as soon as it hits the stores; and she is from Christchurch, and she's just such a postive, upbeat, smiley person that I'm sure she puts some of that optimism into her food.

Last night we had our own Masterchef. I had bought some monkfish at the grocery store on Friday, and wanted to try a new dish on the family. I'm always looking out for quick, tasty meals to liven up the menu. Sometimes the same old, same old gets a bit boring.

So I tried this fish dish of Penny Oliver's, and it took me 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook, and it was a hit! Rosemary and Garlic-roasted Monkfish, served on a bed of mashed potato with spinach and lemon on the side.
Everyone loved it, even my most fussiest of eaters. They even ate the spinach! It has garlic pushed down into cavities with a rosemary garnish. It was so easy, and so delicious. I'll definitely be making it again. And the kids all gave me high scores, except Teddy gave me a low score for the lemon. But I told him I didn't make that, God did!
The recipe is over on my cooking blog here.





Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design