Stormy Seas

Monday, January 24, 2011

I am a storm lover - even when I'm on holiday.

We are enjoying a wonderful time here at our Auckland beach house, even though the weather is stormy, we have aunts and uncles and cousins to go on walks with in the rain, share meals and to help keep the little children happy.

The weather has been wild over the weekend. But there's nothing I like more than a good old-fashioned storm.
At high tide yesterday we all walked down to the beach to watch the angry sea as it pounded on the beach and cliffs. The tide was unusually high and was crashing into the red cliffs that surround Auckland. The sediment from the cliffs turned the sea into brown. I had a few nail-biting moments when my two boys tried to see how close they could get to the waves on the boat ramp. Thankfully, with me, their Dad, uncle and aunt all calling for them  to step back, they were ok. I thought you'd like to see some of the pictures. We are hoping for sun today so everything can dry out. I did like going to sleep last night with the wind howling and rattling the doors and windows, the rain beating down on the roof and the roar of the sea pounding in our ears. I was even a little bit scared, which made it more thrilling.











5 comments :

Leanne said...

Hope weather clears!
We are off to CHCH this week - in & out as cheaper to collect car than put it on transporter.
Hope to call in at Jo Seagars cafe if time.

have a good holiday

Love Leanne

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Wow...that sure looks choppy! It's finally starting to clear here (Whangarei)...have a good day!

Julia

Clara said...

Those are great pictures! :)

Cate said...

Wow - I was wondering how you coped with those storms at your camp ground. Our house took a real battering!

If I forget, do text me won't you!

Jackie said...

Awesome! I love a good storm. A little fear is the icing on the cake!

Hover to Pin
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design